By Mari Farthing, Oklahoma Women Blogger Admin.
Are you a blogger looking for community? Looking for a great conference that’s in your region and maybe even affordable? AWBU is for you.
Arkansas Women Bloggers fourth annual conference will be held in Rogers, Arkansas this year on September 5-7 and promises to deliver a full roster of information to inspire and inform all who attend.
This year’s event will feature:
- Keynote speaker Alli Wentworth—digital strategist, business coach, speaker, author, co-founder of the Blissdom Conference and founder of Blissfully Domestic online magazine, sponsored by Great Day Farms.
- Business-themed sessions about branding yourself, working with PR & ad agencies, blogging for socially-aware causes, travel writing and more.
- Creative-focused sessions including how to network when you’re an introvert, how to make your blog stand out, tips for strong writing, overcoming writers block, storytelling and more.
- Technical topics including photography, coding and SEO.
- Foodie Friday event add-on session for food bloggers or home cooks.
- And more; so much more!
What’s not on that list that you will also find? Community. Connection. Other women bloggers who are doing the best they can and are excited to meet others doing the same. The conference is designed as a place for women from all walks of life to gather in a warm and welcoming place, to share ideas and inspiration and create connections. This is exactly what I found when I attended the conference last year, and I’m looking forward to 2014!
How do you get signed up?
- Fill out the Eventbrite form—click here.
- Make your reservation at Embassy Suites (not included in registration). There is a conference room rate of $89/night via this special Arkansas Women Bloggers booking link for registered attendees only or you may call the hotel and reference group code BL2. There are two queen beds and a pull out couch in each suite so you can fit three blogger gals comfortably in each room (just do not bring too many shoes). We HIGHLY recommend booking early as we only have a certain number of rooms booked (it is a Razorback home game weekend) and you will not want to miss out! Also, for you gals that live in Northwest Arkansas, do not miss out by trying to travel home each evening (you will get caught up doing laundry and miss out on all the fun, oh, and again, it is a Razorback game weekend, the traffic will be horrendous). So many of the connections and camaraderie happens when not in the sessions! Did I mention that Embassy Suites has an amazing spa?
- Looking for a roommate? Fill out this form, we will then share the form with you and you can contact others looking for roommates.
Hope to see you there!