Submitted by OKWB blogger Rachel Hough
Leading up to the holidays there is a lot of cooking. The weird thing is that after the holidays, my family STILL.WANTS.FOOD! The nerve! I’m spent, the last thing I want to do is go grocery shopping, but if I have to pull out the leftover dressing, green bean casserole, or rolls again, I just may puke.
I love this recipe because I have everything already, it’s slightly different that what we have been eating, and even better it’s all in one dish, cooks on its own, and there is virtually no clean up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan heat butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and paprika until smooth.
- Gradually add milk to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, layer potatoes and ham; pour sauce over top.
- Bake, covered 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; baked 5-10 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.